July 12, 2020
Below is an overview of how our school will reopen as of August 24, 2020. In the earliest phase of reopening priority will be given to instructional time and social-emotional connections between students and faculty and staff members. In the event that any student is unable to attend classes in person for health reasons, she can complete her studies through our eLearning platform, receiving the same quality of instruction. Additionally, all extracurricular activities will transition to a virtual environment, and the building will be open only for classes. Please note that the details outlined pertain only to Block 1 (Aug. 24 - Oct. 29, 2020). As the state of Illinois assesses the safety of in-person learning, changes could be made to the plan.
Trinity High School Weekly Schedule for 2020-2021: Block 1
- Monday - ln person learning
- Tuesday - In person learning
- Wednesday - eLearning
- Students will not meet for synchronous learning. They will work remotely using our eLearning Attendance Reporting and Learning Management Protocols
- Student Activities will take place virtually
- Thursday - In person learning
- Friday - In person learning
Daily Building Schedule
- Open to Students: 7:40-3:30 M, T, Th, F
- Students will not be permitted into the building before 7:40 am and must depart the building no later than 3:30 pm
- HFC and Library will not be open before or after school
- Students will not report for live instruction on campus on Wednesdays
- Trinity High School is committed to ensuring the safety of all faculty, staff and students. We will abide by the State of Illinois guidelines of:
- Required daily mask wearing by all members of the community
- 6 feet of social distancing throughout the building, including each classroom (and providing plexiglass barriers in offices/spaces where needed)
- Daily symptom screenings and temperature checks of all members of the community prior to their entrance in the building.
- An increase in cleaning and disinfecting throughout the day and at the end of each day
- A commitment to limit groupings to under 50 (while socially distanced and masked)
Personal Protective Equipment
- Below is a list of required and recommended personal protective equipment that all members of the community should consider:
- Masks which must be worn over the nose and under the chin. Bandanas are not permitted. The CDC recommends homemade, multi-layered cloth masks as these are statistically found to be the most effective.
- Personal sized kleenex to carry in bag
- Personal hand sanitizer (in addition to what’s provided in classrooms and offices)
- Disinfectant wipes (in addition to what’s provided in classrooms and offices)
Communication of Complete Reopening Plan: Coming on August 10, 2020.
On August 10, 2020, a complete plan will be published to all Trinity community members. Items that will be covered in detail:
- All items listed above
- A detailed schedule for Wednesdays
- Lunch period safety protocols
- Passing period guidelines
- Attendance Policies
- Lockers, Halls and Bathroom Safety Plans
- Transportation Plans
- Health Screening and Quarantine Room details
- Opening Days Plans for Incoming Freshmen and Returning Upperclasswomen
- Plans for High Risk/Immunocompromised Students.