Trinity holds the distinction as one of twenty-five College Preparatory Schools by North Central Association and Illinois State Board of Education.
Trinity’s mission is to prepare young women to move confidently to the next step in their educational process. This extraordinary success rate is due to a rich curriculum incorporating the latest proven techniques, with the added advantage of a single-gender atmosphere.
Trinity provides a comprehensive, ongoing college placement program that includes testing, individual and group counseling, and application processing for college admissions, scholarships, and financial aid. Because the process of selecting a college is personal, individual counseling sessions are provided as needed to review the strengths and weaknesses of the student’s high school record in relation to education/career goals. To help in this process, representatives from more than 50 colleges visit the school throughout the fall, usually during the junior-senior lunch period, to talk with students about specific college goals.
A variety of resources are available for student use in the Counseling Center as well as career and college resources in the library.
HELPFUL FINANCIAL AID LINKS
- 2019-2020 College Planning Guide
- The FAFSA Process (English)
- El proceso de la FAFSA (Spanish)
- College Scorecard (US Department of Education)
- Net Price Calculator (US Department of Education)
Trinity High School’s Guidance Department uses Naviance, a comprehensive website that you and your child can use to help in making decisions about courses, colleges, and careers. Naviance is linked with College Planner, a service that we use in our office to track and analyze data about college and career plans, so it provides up-to-date information that’s specific to our school.
- Get involved in the planning and advising process – Build a resume, complete on-line surveys, and manage timelines and deadlines for making decisions about colleges and careers.
- Research colleges – Compare GPA, standardized test scores, and other statistics to actual historical data from our school for students who have applied and been admitted in the past.
- Research Scholarships and learn about financial aid.
- Visit Trinity’s scholarship library (over 100 scholarships posted!)
- Naviance Family Connection Website: http://connection.naviance.com/trinityhisch
Students and Parents: Each year, over 75 colleges and universities visit Trinity. Find the up to date calendar of colleges visiting Trinity on Naviance.
College Admission Representatives: To schedule a high school visit please contact the College Counselor, Ms. Katie Granholm, 708-453-8358 or email@example.com or schedule online directly through RepVisits.
UPCOMING COLLEGE FAIRS
HIGHER EDUCATION STATISTICS FOR THE
Class of 2018
Four year College/University: 91%
Two-year College: 9%
Catholic College and Universities: 35%
The class of 2018 was accepted into 165 different colleges and universities and earned $24.5 million dollars in college scholarships.
CLASS OF 2017
Four year College/University: 90%
Two-year College: 10%
Out of State: 33%
Catholic College and Universities: 30%
The class of 2017 was accepted into 193 different colleges and universities and also earned $23.5 million dollars in college scholarships.