Trinity’s superior academic program includes the latest teaching techniques, participation in community service projects, strong athletics, and an emphasis on spirituality. It sounds ambitious, but there’s time built-in to do it all.
As the first Catholic high school in the Archdiocese to implement Block Scheduling, Trinity students and teachers enjoy its many benefits. It provides a time and information management framework to meet the individual needs of students.
Advantages of Trinity’s Block Scheduling
- Provides college-style extended class periods with 4 classes per semester instead of 7 or 8. Students can earn a total of 32 credits! Other schools offer 24-28credits.
- Creates more time to settle into material, for contact with instructors, to concentrate on homework and reading, and to process a lesson while learning new material
- Encourages opportunities for hands-on learning
- Enables greater flexibility with electives
- Establishes a period within each school day to allow time for activities, meetings or tutoring
- Reduces time lost moving from class to class
- Enables students to earn 6.25 credits in science and 5.5 credits in math